Pages

Sunday 10 February 2013

NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Club Mix and New Lover - Review and Swatch


I am in love my friends! I have just discovered the NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencils. I have two - Club Mix and New Lover. I can assure you that I will be purchasing more! They are very expensive though. They are $25 U.S. and $32 Canadian. With the dollar practically at par, I think I will wait until my next journey over the border to collect some more. If I don't break down and get tempted first of course. I can not begin to tell you how much I love these. When I find a lipstick product like this, I ask myself why in the hell have I ever paid good money for sub par products??? These are a lip liner and lipstick all on one. They are long lasting and super glossy. They feel so comfortable on. With my dry lips lately, this feels like heaven to wear. They are a bit sticky, but it in a good way. I think I have been enjoying smacking my lips together with glee just a bit too much!


As you can see, I have used one more than the other, but it's actually not why you think. New Lover is on the left and Club Mix is on the right. These are not twist up, these pencils must be sharpened, which is a pain, but I will let that slide. I have been wearing New Lover more because I have been getting a lot of compliments on it when I wear it. It also went better with some of the outfits that I have worn in the past couple of weeks. I think New Lover is a bit warm for me, but I can pull it off. It's like a golden rose. Tiffany D has been going on and on about how much she loved this colour. When I went to buy these, I didn't think I was going to pick up New Lover. Usually, Tiffany D goes for a lot of nude shades which really don't suit my colouring. This one has some kick to it though and I was really impressed when I swatched it. I am glad I bought it. As for Club Mix, I knew from the moment I saw it (before I swatched it) that it screamed me. I love, love, love this colour! It may be too dark for some people's tastes, but not mine! I think it looks like a million bucks on!


New Lover is on the left and Club Mix is on the right. These are quick and easy to pull out since they are a liner and lipstick in one. Super easy for travel. Just chuck into your makeup bag and go! I like the sleek look of them. Very attractive packaging. I even had one person tell me while I was wearing New Lover that my lipstick "looked expensive", and hey it is expensive! Sometimes you do get what you pay for! These puppies will not go into my drawer and be forgotten. I plan on wearing them religiously for the foreseeable future. Best NARS product to date! The ingredients are very decent too by the way!


Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 10/10
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 7/10
Ingredients: 8.5/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 10/10
Would I buy this again? HELL YES (I have to get more colours!)    
Overall Rating: 9.5/10 (the price is the only real drawback)

No comments:

Post a Comment