Pages

Friday 1 February 2013

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Amethyst - Review and Swatch


I so wanted to like this product. Laura Mercier and I were doing so well together. Since Amethyst is my birthstone and since it's now February, this seems like an appropriate post. I have a few issues with this product. First of all, I hate the colour. It swatched so nicely too! When I apply it to my eyelids, it looks kind of orange-purple. It's not a good look for me. It makes me look like I have been in a fight or am ill. Maybe this colour looks great on some people - just not me!

Secondly, the colour was really rich on my fingertip and was bold when I first applied it, but then it faded within 1 hour of application. It's like my skin absorbed the product and a shiny orange-purple hue was left behind. It looked like it melted. Now it did not crease in the 15 hours that I had it on. So it is creaseless. I will give them that. It blended well but it faded so drastically that it's a moot point.

The product had little to no smell and the ingredients list was short and satisfactory. Nothing too scary. The cost is $24 U.S. and $30 Canadian each. That is a ton of money (especially in Canadian dollars) considering what you get. I had a Sephora coupon when I bought mine.

Maybe this product would look better with a primer or paint pot under it. I have an issue with that thought process though. Why would I buy a cream, creaseless eyeshadow if I have to use a primer or paint pot underneath it? Makes zero sense and defeats the purpose of the product. I will be returning this to Sephora tomorrow. Here is the swatch. Sorry, I should have taken a picture of it on my eye after it faded when I had the chance so I could show that too, but I forgot.  My bad.


Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 7/10 (initially) 2/10 (an hour later)
Easy to Work With: 10/10
Longevity: 2/10
Texture: 10/10
Price: 2/10
Ingredients: 10/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 1/10
Would I buy this again? Hell No (but if they improve the longevity of the product and in another colour maybe I would consider it)  
Overall Rating: 3/10

 

No comments:

Post a Comment