Pages

Sunday 3 February 2013

Estee Lauder Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara - Review



I got this mascara as part of an Estee Lauder makeup set which was released before Christmas. It was in the Art of Eyes Subtle Smoky Set. I believe mine here is the full sized product. I have talked about this before I know, but for those of you who don't follow my blog, I have always had a big time problem finding mascara that does not smudge on me. I typically have the biggest problem when I wear my glasses at work. Smudge city and it doesn't matter what I try. I have tried dozens of mascaras over the years and I have only ever (until now) found one that didn't smudge. That one was L'Oreal's Le Grand Curl mascara. They stopped making that mascara in the late 1990's I believe and I have been heartbroken ever since. My search for a smudge-free mascara has included trying a number of waterproof formulas. None of them were smudge free.

Enter Estee Lauder's Double Wear Zero-Smudge Lengthening Mascara. I scoffed at the name when I opened the tube to try it. Here comes disappointment I said to myself and sighed. Well believe it or not, this mascara does not smudge!!!! I wore it with glasses for over 15 hours and no smudges! I am impressed and blown away. I did notice a couple of tiny flakes, but honestly, after suffering with smudges for years, I can live with a couple of tiny flakes, which are easily wiped away in 1 second. This mascara is supposed to be flake free too for the record. The flaking is not a huge problem with this mascara by any means.

The brush is small and has the regular brush type bristles. I have 01 Black. It is black and a bit glossy, but it is not the blackest nor glossiest mascara that I have ever used.


This mascara is life changing for me. I will be repurchasing this for sure. It lengthens well with a bit of work but it does not create fantastic volume. So if you like volume, this may not be the mascara for you. This product also curls my lashes and I quite like the effect. Your lashes look good all day and all night and stay curled. I cannot begin to tell you how pleased I am to find this. This mascara will remain in my purse makeup bag firmly from now on. The only thing I don't like is the price. It is $25 Canadian. It is probably a few dollars less in the U.S. When I think that L'Oreal's Le Grand Curl was around $6.99, it is a bit sucky let's face facts. I frequently accumulate points at a couple of major department stores so I will put my points towards buying this I guess.

I am wearing Estee Lauder's Double Wear Light foundation currently and I quite like it. Estee Lauder is continually impressing me lately. I think I better start taking their products more seriously.

Packaging: 10/10
Pigmentation: 8/10
Easy to Work With: 8/10
Longevity: 9.5/10 (0.5 off for a couple of flakes)
Texture: 7/10
Price: 3/10
Ingredients: 7/10
Travel Worthy: 10/10
Attractiveness of Product: 8/10 (no smudges but could be glossier and have more volume)
Would I buy this again? Absolutely Yes!!!!!!!!!!! 
Overall Rating: 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment