Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

The Worst Beauty Products of 2012

Hello! Happy New Year! I wish you all of the best for 2013!

I realize that 2012 is now over and I need to move on into 2013, but before I do that, I felt like posting a few blogs on the best and worst beauty products of 2012, in my humble opinion. I'm late with this, I know! I am only going to do one worst of (this blog post) but I might post two or three best of products over the next few days. There was more best than worst, so I guess that is a good thing.

There was stiff  competition for the worst. It took me awhile to narrow it down to 10, but I did. These are the products that are not just lousy, but are all around bad stuff that I wouldn't wish on a snake. Some of these products I purchased in 2011, but didn't get around to really giving them a good try until this year.  So without further ado, here they are. These 10 are in no particular order. I have only numbered them for the sake of making this easy to follow. I have done blog review posts on each and every one of these, so if you require further info, please check them out.

1.  Origins Eyeshadow in Twinkle - this stuff is gritty, scratchy and creases like a bitch

2.  Caryl Baker Visage Eyeshadow Magnet - crease-proof my ass, creased in 15 mins. Total Trash.

3.  Caryl Baker Visage Mineral Matte Foundation - itchy, cakey and irritating even after removal

4.  Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Moisturizing Hand Treatment - stinks to high heaven of dead animals and trees and is not very moisturizing

5.  Origins Out of Trouble Mask - the smell made me sick (sulphur city), it was itchy and didn't do anything

6.  Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream - I know a lot of people like this product but I don't. It creases like crazy, dries before you can blend it and it smells like burning plastic. Dreadful stuff.

7.  Stila Lip & Cheek Stain Coconut Crush - the colour is hideous, it is uncomfortable to wear and the colour on your lips is uneven when it dries. On the cheeks, it looks like someone just beat me up. No thank you.

8.  Kibio 24-HR Effective Deodorant Care - most days it doesn't work and it is constantly wet under your arms. I wouldn't wear this on a first date.

9.  John Frieda Frizz-Ease Moisture Barrier Firm-Hold Hair Spray - hard, crunchy and creates extra frizz. Worst hairspray ever....

10. MAC Studio Tech Foundation - costs a fortune, don't get much product, is itchy, makes you sweat, feels heavy and looks cakey. Yuck! 

I hope this blog post has been somewhat amusing and helpful. I would think twice before purchasing any of the above. If you have had a different experience with any of them, I would love to hear from you. Not everyone's skin is the same and hey, sometimes they make a bad batch of a product.

1 comment:

  1. those items are verygood about beautyproducts.


    Sunless Tanner

    ReplyDelete