Pages

Sunday 4 November 2012

Wen by Chaz Dean Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner - Review


I have been keeping this product under wraps for a few months. I really wanted to road test it before I did a review. I have been using Wen for about 3 months now and I am very happy with it. I was very sceptical when I saw the ads on TV for it. In my mind, I didn't get how this "conditioner" would replace both shampoo and conditioner in my hair care regime. Something told me to try it. So I ordered the starter kit online and I got a whole bunch of their products and a comb for $34.95 Canadian or thereabouts. There was also a $29.95 Canadian kit with a couple of less products. It was an exceptional deal as it turns out.

I am on my second bottle of the Cleansing Conditioner. The first bottle was smaller than I one I currently have. I think it was 12 oz. and my current bottle is 16 oz. The first thing I noticed after my first application was how tangle free my hair was. It was nothing to comb my wet hair out and it can be a rat's nest sometimes after I wash it. This product does have a strong almond mint smell. I was a bit iffy about it at first since I am very sensitive to smells, but the smell grew on me quickly and now I quite like it.

I had to use this product a few times before I truly felt that my hair texture was changing for the better. My hair is so soft now. I still have to use products to keep the frizz at bay, but I will get to my other Wen products in other blogs soon. One of them is very good with the frizz war. The best part is that this product does not contain any detergents nor Sodium Laurel Sulfate so it is gentle on my hair. This product does not lather as a result, but it it really does clean your hair without the aid of shampoo. This product comes in other scents. Wen has me on the home delivery program right now and since I live in Canada, they tell me I can not adjust the types of products I receive, but Americans can. I am not thrilled about that, but when I crunch the numbers, I am still saving money buying this product this way over buying it at Sephora ad hoc. It's basically like getting free hair styling products in the delivery when you work it out. I can cancel at any time and start buying it at Sephora if I become displeased with the styling products they send me. They only have a few styling products so they can only get so freaky on me.

My hair is definitely more shiny now. I love travelling with it because you only need to carry one bottle instead of a shampoo and a conditioner. Yes, I like this better than the Moroccan Oil products! It is a bit pricey, but I find that the stuff lasts a good amount of time and I think the ingredients are good quality. I am not going through the stuff as fast as they send it to me, but I figure I can stockpile it. I mean, what if they go out of business???!!!! Ahhhhhhh. I hope not. I have received two shipments so far (the first was a 30 day supply which lasted longer) and now they are set to arrive every 90 days which suits me fine.

At first the directions seem long and involved, but once you get the hang of it, it is just as fast to use as shampoo an conditioner. A word of caution. If you have curly hair like me, I find the best way to fight frizz with these products is not to use blow dryer which is actually true for frizzy hair in general. Air dry your hair and use the styling products on your wet hair and just leave it. You can also use the stying products on dry hair over and over again, and your hair does not get crunchy and gross!

Rating: 9.5/10 (it is a bit pricey)


No comments:

Post a Comment