Pages

Sunday 21 October 2012

Lancome Colour Design Eyeshadow Volcano Shimmer - Review and Swatch


Tiffany D has talked about this eyeshadow on her blog a few times, and as a result, I purchased it as I was intrigued. I do own a few Lancome eyeshadows. As a whole, they are not my favourite, but they are fairly decent. I can't remember what I paid for this, I think it was around $20 Canadian for this single eyeshadow. It was like 20x the points day at Shoppers Drug Mart, and I was hell bent on getting all of those points (for free make-up of course) so I didn't pay much attention to the price. The size of the eyshadow is 1.2g or 0.042 oz. It looks like you get a lot more product than you really do. To put this in context, MAC eyeshadows are 1.5g or 0.05 oz.


The packaging is kind of cool. This lid slides out. This colour, I have to say, is gorgeous. It does look slightly different in different lights. It can look grey, brown or purple, but mostly a combination of all of the above. It is very flattering and I would think it would be on most people. Not to toot my own horn, but it looks fabulous on me and works with a number of outfits and looks. There is a drawback. It has parabens in it which does not thrill me. I don't wear this colour too often as a result. I would wear it a lot more often if Lancome used better ingredients in their eyeshadows. All that being said, if you are not the type of person who is fussed by such things, this eyeshadow is amazing. It is smooth as silk and blends like a dream. It does not make you look bruised or tired like some eyeshadows in this colour family can. It is a nice, cool neutral shade.The colour is brilliant. Please see the swatch below.




Rating: 8/10 (points off for value for your money and iffy ingredients)

No comments:

Post a Comment