Pages

Friday 7 September 2012

Smashbox Blush Rush Flush - Review and Swatch


This is one of my favourite blushes and I have no idea why it has taken me so long to do this review. One of these days I need to do my top 5 or top 10 blushes and this will be one of them. The beauty of this colour is that it works well for summer, spring and winter looks. The colour, Flush, is described as being petal pink and I think that is a good description. Although I am quite pale, especially in winter, I can see this working for someone who was even darker skinned. It is soft and silky and wears well. It gives you a glow or at least it brightens up your face. The cost is $24 U.S. and $29 Canadian. I love this blush! It also comes with a swivel mirror underneath the compact and I think that is a nice touch. Smashbox did a good job with this one. Despite the pale colour, it is quite pigmented so you don't need to use much. It is a bit glittery or sparkly so if you only like matte blushes, you might want to pass on this one. That being said, the glitter is not overkill and you hardly notice it on your cheeks and the sparkle bits do fade as the day wears on.

When I just want a pop of colour on my cheeks and I want to brighten up my face, this is the blush I reach for when in doubt. Personally, I think this is a gorgeous colour for fair skinned gals to wear in winter. I have had this blush for close to two years and I am no where near touching the pan. I don't even think I have used 1/4 of it. The product is 3.7g or .13 oz. MAC blushes are 6g or .21 oz. MAC blushes are the better bargain as you get a lot more product and the price is cheaper. I think that Smashbox has something unique with Flush though as there is nothing else like it that I have seen.

Rating: 10/10

1 comment:

  1. that shade is beautiful! :) keep up the good work

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete