Pages

Saturday 25 August 2012

Makeup Geek MUG Eyeshadows in Shimmermint and Unicorn - Review and Swatches


Hello! This blog review is long overdue. I mentioned a while back that I had bought a number of additional Makeup Geek Eyeshadows since purchasing the Starter Kit. I have since bought the Expansion Kit and a few other singles. The two I am showing today are from the Expansion Kit. I have Shimmermint on the left and the swatch on the right is Unicorn. I found both of these actually disappointing for completely different reasons. They are $5.99 U.S. each. Shimmermint is described as Metallic Mint Green with Golden Shimmer. I was really hoping to love this colour but I don't. It is very smooth and is not cakey and looks great swatched on your index finger. When applied to my eyelid, it looks kind of sick, and by that I don't mean cool. It's really yellow and a not so nice shade of yellow gold with a hint of green in it. This will not be a favourite. I don't know who could pull off this colour except maybe someone with a really dark complexion.

On to Unicorn. It is described as a Shimmery Blue Purple which is bang on accurate. I have the opposite complaint about this colour. The colour is lovely! It is a really gorgeous purple with a blue hue and if I do say so myself, it looks nice on me! The problem? It is chalky. It does not blend well. I had to fight with it to get it to blend and go where I wanted it to to stay put without washing out the colour. This is a high maintenance colour and I don't have the patience for such things on most days when MAC eyeshadows give me zero problems this area.

I have lots more Makeup Geek eyeshadows to review and most of them are a lot nicer than these two so stayed tuned!

Shimmermint: 3.5/10 (good quality eyeshadow just icky colour)
Unicorn: 4.5/10 (great colour horrible quality)

No comments:

Post a Comment