Pages

Friday 10 August 2012

Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm - Review and Swatches



Okay, so here we have today two of the Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Balms in 06 Whoppin' Watermelon and 07 Super Strawberry. The swatch on the left is Whoppin' Watermelon and on the right is Super Strawberry. These babies have been getting a lot of love online over the last several months. They are $16 U.S. and $19 Canadian. You can get them at Sephora, Shoppers Drug Mart, Sears, the Bay and so on. For me there is no contest between the two of these, although I do realize that they look fairly identical in the swatches but they are definitely different on your lips. I prefer the Super Strawberry. It might be the nicest colour that Clinique has in this line. It is a nice sheer satin well...strawberry colour. Whoppin Watermelon is just a frosty baby pink mess to me. Nic from Pixiwoo wore this in a wedding tutorial and it looked so fabulous on her that I had to have it. Big mistake on my part. I know better and ignored common sense. Frosted lip products always sit badly on my lips, make me look sick if it is a pale colour and they burn and swell my lips. Drives me batty. There is no frost whatsoever with the Super Strawberry.

I would recommend a lip liner with these. They are a balm and they tend to fade and wear off easily on their own. Lip liner makes a huge difference in their staying power and also in maintaining their colour. They are very moisturizing, I was pleasantly surprised. I used to have a few of the old school Clinique Chubby Sticks and they were long lasting and were rich but they were dry. These have a lipstick smell but only lightly. The design is cute. No sharpening here, just twist up the tube for more product. I would consider buying another colour in the line, but none of the frosted numbers! Does anyone have any of the other colours and can recommend one of them?

Rating: 8/10

1 comment:

  1. I both love the colors. Even though i have Revlon's lip stain which looks like Chubby stick, i am still planning to get one from Clinique.
    cosmetics online

    ReplyDelete