Pages

Sunday 15 July 2012

theBalm Balm Shelter SPF 17 Tinted Gloss Material Girl - Review and Swatch


This is hands down one of my favourite lip glosses if it isn't my favourite perhaps. The genius of it, is it's simplicity. This is theBalm's Balm Shelter. It comes in a variety of colours. The one I like, and keep buying, is Material Girl. It is described by theBalm as a sheer plum berry. That is exactly what it is. There is no gross glitter or shimmer or frost here. You can wear this alone (as I do sometimes) or you can wear it with a lip liner (looks great this way) or you can simply dab on a little onto a lipstick and turn a blah colour into va va voom. This colour suits my colouring best so it is my colour of choice. I suppose one of these days I will try another colour, but I am really pleased with this one. They retail for $19 U.S. and $24 Cdn. which is not chump change. A tube is 5.5g and believe me it doesn't last long. I almost never finish a tube of lip gloss but I go through these like crazy. I wish they made a bigger size given how much it costs.

This formula is not sticky and it is moisturizing. Feels great on. Very comfortable. There is a very fruity smell to it, but a pleasant one. The smell is not overly fake fruity and certainly is not offensive. There are so many lip glosses out there that smell like plastic or chemicals. The very thought makes me sick. You should see the look on my face right now just thinking about it - it's like I have been sucking lemons! theBalm is very serious about staying away from using a lot of chemicals in their products so the ingredient list for this is tame which also makes me feel good about choosing to buy this. I seriously love this stuff and will be buying yet another tube this week. They could be a little longer lasting I think but I will gladly sacrifice that for better ingredients and no nasty scent. You can purchase them at select Pharma Plus store and Sephoras in Canada. If they ever stop making this I will freak out. A great product which never leaves my purse.

Rating: 9/10 (the price is a bit crazy)

No comments:

Post a Comment