Pages

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Clinique Quickliner For Lips in 12 Deep Red and 29 Sky Violet - Review and Swatches


I don't know why I am only getting to this review now. I love these lip liners. The only thing I don't love is the price. They are $18 Canadian. I think the price is fair if you consider what other lip liners cost in equivalent or higher brands. I do think no lip liner should cost over $10, but hey that's my take. On the left, we have a swatch of 12 Deep Red which is an orange red. It looks great with any true red matte lipstick. On the right is 29 Sky Violet. This one is my favourite lip liner ever. It looks awesome with Clinique's Black Honey lipstick. I think the numbering of these has changed lately for the colours, but don't quote me on that.

I like these because the colour range is gorgeous. It is not easy to find a colour like 29 Sky Violet. That is also the colour of lipstick that I like to wear (berries in general) so it goes with so many of my lipsticks. The colour is very versatile. I think a lot of skin tones could pull it off. These glide on smooth and never tug on your lips like a lot of cheap ass lip liners I have had in the past. The colours stay true, stay put and it is a very nice creamy formula. I like that you can twist up the colour as you need it, no sharpening poky pencils. Also, no bits snapping off either in the cap or mid-application! I hate that!

I do think that you get a bit jipped on the amount of product you get since the liner comes out so narrow and thin. Heck they don't even tell you how much you are getting weight wise on the tube! Scary. However, because it comes out in such  a fine point, it really is great for quick and precise application. I think these are stellar overall.

Rating: 9/10 (price and amount of product are the only issues)

No comments:

Post a Comment