Pages

Wednesday 9 May 2012

Merle Norman Purely Mineral Eye Pencil Dusk - Review and Swatch



Today, I will be reviewing the Merle Norman Purely Mineral Eye Pencil in Dusk which is a dirty denim grey. At least that is the way I would describe it. In real life it is a lot more blue than my swatch shows. The top swatched line is the line a bit smoked out, mind you, I couldn't do it justice on the inside of my wrist. The bottom line is just a plain, old swatch. This eyeliner smudges fantastically. As I said, my line above does not do it justice. It makes for a quick mini smokey eye in seconds. Just use a shimmery neutral eyeshadow colour, line your top lash with this and then smudge the line with a MAC 217 or 219 or some other smudge brush and viola! you are set to go with just a little mascara. There is actually a smudging sponge tip on one end of the eye shadow, so you can use that too and save getting out a brush.

This is a very unique and neat colour. I really like the look it gives my brown eyes. It's perfect for work when you want to look like you spent some time in front of the mirror, meanwhile it was effortless. I have had this eye liner awhile and honestly I don't remember what it cost me. It wasn't cheap but it wasn't uber expensive either. The only thing I don't like about it is that I do find it can transfer a bit to the lower lash area. That is a pain in the butt. I have long since lost the box, but as I recall there was nothing too scary in the ingredients. I will definitely buy this again.

Merle Norman describes this line of eyeliners as:

This pencil is packed with Jojoba Oil derivative, Vitamin E and mineral pigments to protect and condition the delicate skin around the eyes. Intense colour and a built-in smudger means you can achieve any look!!

Rating: 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment