Pages

Sunday 1 April 2012

Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss Radiant and Ecstasy Review and Swatches


I am not the biggest fan of lip gloss in general. I think it is a necessary evil, something that every girl/woman should have in her makeup arsenal, but I honestly hate most lip gloss. I am probably the pickiest woman alive when it come to lip gloss, or what I like to call "lip goo". A lot of them stink of plastic or vinyl and the smell is enough to make me puke. Some even taste like plastic if you are unfortunate enough to get some in your mouth. Some burn my lips and puff them up like I am having an allergic reaction to them. Others are so sticky and annoying that you can't think straight. Then there is the ingredients...most of them are so scary it would make your hair curl. Still other just get goopier as the day wears on and cakes up all over the insides of your lips. Ever smelt a lip gloss after you have had it too long or haven't opened it up in a while? Gross.........

Now, I do wear lip gloss. Not everyday....and I am super picky about what I am willing to wear. I think lip gloss is almost a necessity if you are going out for a night on the town and you need to add something something to your lipstick.

A friend of mine bought me a set of Smashbox lip glosses as a gift a while ago and I was pleasantly surprised. They are a bit sticky, not too sticky, and they last a fair bit of time without reapplication. They don't have too many sheer glosses, which are my preference, and that is a bummer. I don't love the frosted, glittery ones. They are nice and shiny, comfortable and have almost zero smell. In the picture above I have Radiant on the left and the right swatch is Ecstasy. I am not sure if they make Ecstasy anymore. I really like the Radiant which is described as a metallic golden rose. I like this one the best of all 6 that own. It looks fabulous on its own with a deep rose lip liner. Party perfect. Ecstasy is like a blackberry wine. I would say this is my second favourite, although the pigment washes out quickly I find after wearing it no time at all. The ingredients could be worse but some of the colours are worse than others. You can buy them at Sephora or most Shoppers Drug Marts. They are $18 U.S. and $22 Cdn. each.


Rating: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment