Pages

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss Baby Pout and Divine - Review and Swatches


Good Evening! This is Part II of my Smashbox lip gloss review. You can read my last blog post if you are interested in my rant on lip gloss in general. I will spare you a repeat performance in this blog. I took two pictures above so that you could see each swatch in a different light. The swatch on the left is Baby Pout (which I suppose is the baby sister of the cult Smashbox favourite "Pout" lip gloss) and on the right is Divine. Baby Pout is a baby pink with silver/green/blue iridescent glitter. It has a really nice shine but basically little to no colour. Add it to a light pink lip pencil and it looks fantastic! Divine is well....J. Lo. That is how best I can describe it. It is a golden, caramel lip gloss. Very South Beach, very sun goddessish. Divine has a lot of pigment and does not wash off easily. That's a good thing I suppose. It does look great with the right outfit and makeup.

As with other Smashbox lip glosses, they are a bit sticky, not too sticky, and they last a fair bit of time without reapplication. They are nice and shiny, comfortable and have almost zero smell. These lip glosses are better than 90% of lip gloss products on the market. The ingredients could be worse but some of the colours are worse than others. You can buy them at Sephora or most Shoppers Drug Marts. They are $18 U.S. and $22 Cdn. each. I like these colours less than the ones mentioned in my previous blog. Someone out there who loves Divine and/or Baby Pout will think I am daft.

Rating: 7.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment