Pages

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Dr. Hauschka Translucent Make-up 01 - Review, Dab and Swatch


I've had this product for quite awhile. It's basically an all natural make-up which is foundation-like. I say foundation-like because to me, it isn't quite foundation. I have 01 which is for fair skin. They also have 00, 02, 03 and 04 for colours. The colour looks dark as heck in the tube. I find 01 a bit dark for me, but this product is very thin and somewhat buildable so it doesn't look super dark on. In the swatch above, I have a dab of the colour on the left side of my wrist and it blended in on the right side. Hopefully, you can see that. I find that this product is more like a cross between a sheer foundation and a tinted moisturizer. For me, it doesn't provide enough coverage day in, day out. I will wear this if my skin is looking particularly good or if it is a Sunday and I am only popping to the grocery store. It is long lasting. The product is very thin and spreads like crazy on your face. It also smells super spicy and the smell lasts all day long. So if you don't like to smell spicy, this product isn't for you.

When I first apply this product, I feel like my skin can't breathe. Instantly beads of sweat start to form on my upper lip. Gross, I know. This problem goes away within 45 minutes. Personally, I don't like that. My normal foundation never does that to me. This product feels very cool on the skin when you first apply it and then the sweating starts as it dries. You need very little of this product to cover your face. I always squirt way too much on my finger or brush. It does give you a nice, dewy, sun kissed complexion. This product is just not for me. I have a friend who loves this product. She likes the coverage and it doesn't make her sweat. So I guess it could be for you and is just not for me. The cost is $36.95 U.S. and I think about $44 Canadian.

Rating: 5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment