Pages

Sunday 18 March 2012

Christian Dior 004 Mystic Smokys 5 Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette - Review and Swatches


Couture Eyeshadow? Check. Fancy Case? Check. Expensive as Hell? Check. Pretty Looking Colours? Check. Quality of Eyeshadow? Well um......

This review is for the Christian Dior 004 Mystic Smokys (is it me or can't they spell Smokys right?) 5 Couleurs Couture Colour Eyeshadow Palette. The eyeshadows total 6g so that isn't too shabby. The CD on the case cover is a hologram. Very cool. The applicators, useless as usual. This is $59 U.S. I believe and about $60 Cdn. I bought this on a trip to the U.S. last Fall when I was armed with a 20% off Sephora V.I.B. coupon. Thank God. Honestly, this isn't worth the money. MAC eyeshadows are far superior. The colours look prettier in the compact than swatched. Personally, I don't find that they are anything special on the eye either. The pink colour in the middle is nice (probably the nicest of the group). The cream highlight shade is ok, a bit gritty. The purple is pain to work with, but not impossible. I find the purple requires a lot of dipping the brush into the product to get enough on. The grey is the second nicest and second easiest to work with. The brown is not the greatest. I find it flies everywhere when you try to use it. It's a cool brown, so I normally would be all over that, but it isn't the nicest colour in the world, I'm sorry to say.

The colours have a quilt pattern on them. Overall, I like the mix of colours, strictly on the basis of colour and functionality. I think this would be a good palette to travel with. You can get a good mix of looks out of this palette. I would strongly recommend using a cream eyeshadow base under these colours to make them look better. The ingredients are not too scary at all so props to the Dior House for that. For the price, and I really don't care if it is "couture", these eyeshadows are no where up to snuff. I was actually quite disappointed. I won't be buying another Christian Dior eyeshadow palette.

Rating: 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment