Pages

Friday 10 February 2012

MAC Shop Collection - Impressions and Review



I spent some time at the MAC counter yesterday checking out the new MAC Shop and Cook collection. I kept myself in check and bought absolutely nothing. I think the marketing is cute and there looks like there are some neat things in the Shop collection, but I just felt overall that I had enough similar stuff in my own personal stash so I couldn't justify making a purchase. I may reconsider one of the lipsticks or cremeblend blushes though. I better not mull it over for long as I see some items are already sold out on MAC's website! This collection was released yesterday.

The Shop collection consists of 3 eyeshadow quads, 6 lipsticks, a few of the new kissable lipcolours and 3 cremeblend blushes. The eyeshadow quads all have decent pigment. They are $45 Cdn. and are called Call Me Bubbles (peach, pink, beige), Shop and Drop (violets and blues) and Colour Added (yellow, blue, grey). Call Me Bubbles has a really neat, unusual pink colour and Colour Added has a beautiful sunshine yellow colour. The other colours in these palettes are nothing out of the ordinary.

The six lipsticks: Naughty Saute, Quick Sizzle, Dish it Up, Watch me Simmer, Runway Red and Innocence, Beware! (a repromote) are all very nice. It's funny but I thought that these colours reminded me of Florida (I briefly lived there when I was kid) and then I found out one of the blushes is actually called Florida! How funny. I typically don't love MAC lipsticks but these were tempting. They are a collection of mostly hot pinks and reds and a little orange at $17.50 Cdn each. Dish it Up, Naughty Saute, Quick Sizzle and Runway Red look the nicest in my opinion. There is also a collection of the new kissable lip colours which I know nothing about. I believe they are supposed to be less sticky then MAC's normal lip goo (lip glass, lustre glass etc.) as I call it. The colours look kind of muted which MAC is known for and personally, I am not into muted colours that much so I don't think those would be high on my list to try. They are also $22.50 Cdn. which for goo seems a trifle much to me. If any of you have tried them, I would love to know what you think.

Finally, there are 3 cremeblend blushes in Optimistic Orange, Florida and Restores Dazzle. Normally, I don't go gaga for cream blush as I think they can be a pain to work with, but the Florida and Restores Dazzle are tempting me. They are so nice! They are $24 Cdn. each.

The Shop collection was more interesting in my opinion than the Cook collection. TiffanyD has a lot of swatches on her blog and of course you can check out http://www.maccosmetics.com/ if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment