Pages

Sunday 22 January 2012

Sigma Bare Palette - Review, Swatches, Dupes


So I bought this palette a few months back for $35 from Sigma - the makeup brush people. I saw a few online tutorials about it and I thought, "gee, that looks nice". It is a neutral palette but it is filled with a lot of cool neutrals which is what I like to see. The packaging is cardboard and chunky monkey. Kinda of cheap. It certainly is not travel friendly. I hear Sigma has revamped their packaging for their palettes so this may be an antique collector's item by now! I better call American Pickers! 

The cool thing about this palette is that it comes with a dual-ended makeup brush with an E30 and an E25. Translation is MAC wannabe 219 and 217. If you are low on neutral palettes and you want value for your money, this isn't a bad choice especially since it comes with the brushes. These colours are all easy dupes though. For that reason, I will not be repurchasing this baby. MAC is my favourite. Period. So if I can get these colours from MAC than the choice is clear. The Sigma eyeshadows though are highly pigmented and look nice. They stay on and wear well. To build a set like this from MAC including the brush equivalents would be around $200 plus tax here in Canada. Ouch. I already have a good MAC collection though so there is no need for me to run out and buy the dupes from MAC. If you are budget conscience and only wear makeup occasionally this is clearly the cheaper, more reasonable option.

Left to Right (both on arm and palette pic above) - Shine, Control, Snoop, Hitch, Act, Command, Elope and Approach

MAC Dupe Suggestions: 

Shine = Black Tied 
Control = Carbon/Print Mixed
Snoop = Scene/Copperplate Mixed  
Hitch = Quarry/Swiss Chocolate Mixed (this was the toughest dupe of the lot)
Act = Patina
Command = Soba
Elope = Blanc Type
Approach = Shroom (only Approach is a bit creamier)

The eyeshadows in this palette contain parabens and the packaging is gross. So those are points off in my book.

Rating: 7/10

I have the Dare palette too so I will review that as well once I have had a chance to really use it. If anyone has better dupe suggestions for this palette, I would love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment