Pages

Thursday 26 January 2012

Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream 13 - Review and Swatch



This product is a waterproof cream colour. That is what it says. I really wanted this one to be a keeper but it's not. It is not supposed to crease on your eyelids. It won't either...at first. It creases after about 5 hours I would say. You can also use this product on your cheeks or anywhere else you fancy I suppose. What you do in the privacy of your own home is your business.

This product stinks. I mean it reeks like crazy. Smells like a plastic factory. The smell makes me gag every time I open it. I guess the smell had dissipated from the Sephora testers when I checked it out prior to purchase. It's made in Belgium so I thought that was a good sign.

The colour "13" is a champagne number. It looks great swatched. At least I think so. It is nearly impossible though to apply to your eyelids evenly. It dries super fast. As in before you blend it onto one eye. You have to be quick or it is over. This product barely budges once you swipe it on. It does not blend well and good luck wearing it with other eyeshadow. You'll have lumps, bumps and jagged edges. I don't want that. Do you?

If you dip your finger into it quickly and get a small dab and rush to apply it to your eye, you may find you didn't dip enough and now it looks sheer on your eye. Another coat you think, but it's too late. Adding to it will make a huge mess and look totally FUBAR. If you dip too much, you might end up with parts drying while you try to spread it and build it to look even. I give up. Maybe I can wear it as a highlighter for my cheeks, assuming super speedy application, when I am totally desperate. This is just ewwwwww. This product could have really been a winner but MUFE, you dropped the ball big time.

Rating: 2/10 (props for colour)




No comments:

Post a Comment