Pages

Wednesday 25 January 2012

L'Oreal Voluminous Original Mascara - Review

For me it is status quo to avoid drug store mascara like the plague. I have tried so many bad drug store mascaras it would make your head spin. That being said, I have also bought and/or tried gift with purchase mascaras from all of the high end brands too over the years. To this day, I have never found any mascara that I totally 100% loved. There is some small or large problem with all of them.

Marlena of Makeup Geek fame has long applauded this mascara. I trust her opinion on cosmetics so I thought I would give this drug store Bessie a try. I was actually impressed. This is, hands down, the best drug store mascara that I ever tried. Coming from me, that is saying something. It curls, volumizes and lengthens. I have very stubby lashes so if I can get all three in a mascara, I am all over that. The brush is average sized (I usually go for smaller brushes so I can get all of the lashes) but this one does the job for me. It isn't flaky or clumpy but it can smear a tad if I wear glasses with it all day. The "raccoon effect" as I call it, haunts me with every mascara, even waterproof, that I have ever used when I wear glasses. Only one mascara in the history of women didn't do that and it is no longer on the market. Sob. I will save my ode to that mascara in a separate post.

There are parabens in this formula so I try not to use this one daily.

Rating: 8/10

2 comments:

  1. I purchased mascara online from Awesome bazar Awesome Bazar provides best competitive prices product and fast delivery process . Really very nice service of awesome bazar, Awesome bazaar best Shopping destination . Find At https://awesomebazar.com/cosmetics/eye/mascara.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks a lot for giving everyone an extraordinarily memorable possiblity to read critical reviews from this site. It is always so amazing and as well , packed with a great time for me and my office co-workers to visit your site at the very least 3 times in a week to read the latest issues you have got. Of course, I’m also actually amazed with your awesome knowledge you serve. Certain 3 ideas in this posting are essentially the most suitable we have had.
    face mask for acne Faisalabad

    ReplyDelete